This year for Menopause Awareness Day, we are throwing a spotlight on stark statistics related to how menopause affects women in their workplace, 60% of whom feel menopause negatively affects their work.
Menopause Awareness with Practice Solutions
We have created a new programme to support women in the workplace experiencing menopause and to help the organisations they work for to instigate positive change, because menopause is not just a women’s issue.
- 30% of women going through menopause consider leaving the … workplace
- 10% do leave.
This well-rounded programme is designed to aid organisations in creating an open and healthy culture around offering crucial support to menopausal women in the workplace., underpinned by the understanding that menopause affects the entire workforce.
The number of menopause related tribunals has tripled in the past three years.
Led by experienced HR and OD Associate Deb Barrow, the programme benefits from a tailored approach, which allows the framework to be adapted to accommodate everyone, from senior leadership to frontline staff. Workshops are led with a personal approach, always carried out with empathy and understanding.
Deaths of menopausal women from suicide have risen by 6% in last 20 years (ONS)
In the coming months we will be producing a podcast episode about the inspiration behind this innovative programme in the latest episode of our Joining the Dots podcast.
Could your organisation benefit from this workshop?
- Do you have a Wellness Strategy that covers menopause and the impact on your workforce’s mental health?
- What is the impact on ‘business’;e.g. performance, sickness absence, staff retention?
- How do you tackling challenging conversations relating to performance, conduct, return to work etc?
- Have you reviewed and enhanced staff benefits e.g. EAP, HRT access, buying annual leave?
- Have you provided reasonable adjustments and what do these look like?
- How do you break a culture of silence?